FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE at the Four Elements







Friday, October 8, 2010

My Favorite Balsamic Salad Dressing


5 Tablespoons first cold pressed olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Teaspoon agave (natural, low-glycemic sweetener)

I have a jar of this homemade salad dressing in my refrigerator at all times. I like to make my own, it takes almost no time, and I can use the highest quality, pure ingredients.  Agave is now widely available in most supermarkets or can be found in health food stores.  It's easy to double the recipe to have enough for an entire week.

I try to have a green salad every day. I change what I put in it, but often have a favorite salad for a while.  Right now I'm really enjoying WATERCRESS.  It's incredibly nutritious (it belongs to the cruciferous family of vegetables like broccoli and kale) and is kept live, roots and all, until you use it.  Watercress is particularly rich in iron, calcium, potassium and vitamin C.  It has a long history of use for health, stamina, and in herbal medicine, especially for detoxification.  Reportedly Native Americans used watercress as a tonic for improved liver and kidney function.  I really like the spicy flavor, although I do tend to mix it in with other greens,  I usually throw a small amount of raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds into my salad for protein and crunch,  I also use a carrot peeler to add some pretty and tasty carrots ribbons.

Eat Healthy and Enjoy!!!   Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment