FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE at the Four Elements







Tuesday, December 21, 2010

~Breaths You Take~


Breathe.  Let go.  And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.  ~Oprah Winfrey

I came across this quote this afternoon.  It stopped me for a second and I had to think.  Today is a Monday and Monday’s are always hectic.  We are always trying to catchup from the weekend and sometimes it just makes my head spin!  I don’t like it that I spend the good part of every Monday chasing my tail and failing to enjoy the world around me, espassialy this time of year.  I want to have a chance to enjoy the holidays and spent time just living in the magic of Christmas. 
I think that many of us business owners forget to take a second to just take a deep breath but, at least for me, those deep breaths are what keep me alive- litterally.  I need those few seconds to regroup and unwind.  Those deep breaths clear me head and energize me to keep going.  This time of year the breaths are full of cookie baking, pine trees, and hot apple cider.  We have to take the time to “Breathe” those things in and “Breathe” in the moments we have because the breath we have now is the only one we can say we have for sure. 
To me a breath can be as simple as actually taking a deep breath but is can also be having coffee with my mom or stepping away from the computer to take a phone call from my dad.  It can be coloring with my 6-year-old cousin or playing a hockey game on the lake.  Some breaths may mean more than others but each one is important so, I challenge you to take more ”Breaths” this week.  Seeing that Christmas Eve is Friday and Christmas Day is Saturday, I challenge you to do one thing every day this week that makes the day, the season, or this Christmas your most memorable yet.  I will do that same and tell you what “Breaths” I take this week.
found at: http://xandrepress.wordpress.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment